10.09.2007

Back! Or something similar...

I'm still alive! I swear! I think...

It's nice to know that people are still stopping by to read, even when I'm not posting.

When last we left, it was August and I had almost nothing to say. I still don't have much to say, but I have been busy. I finished two crocheted blankets, most of my Christmas shopping, learned to knit, and am working on a new coat.

I am in the middle of Odin Sphere. Which is totally awesome! I'll say something about it when I finish it. Don't avoid it because it's a true 2-D platformer. It rocks!

The composer who worked on Odin Sphere's score also did Vagrant Story, which is my friend Julia's fav game. Vagrant Story, for those who missed it, is a PSX game from the people who bring us Final Fantasy. The poor main character, Ashley, spends the entire game being screwed over mentally and emotionally. Think Cloud, but actually being tortured. This has caused a resurgence of Vagrant Story love in the house. We come home to Vagrant Story and wake up to Odin Sphere. It's all good.

I'm also playing Dawn of Sorrow for the 80th time. When I travel, I take the DS with me and I've been traveling a lot lately. I've been to the Stroudsmoor, which is awesome! If you want a great place to stay and really want to feel like you're in the middle of no where (but not actually), this is it.

I'm currently reading 'Mysterious Journey to the North Sea Part Two' by Kikuchi. Yes, I need my vampire hunter D love and Kikuchi never fails to provide in an overly fanboy way. The only writer I've ever seen who loved their own character that much is Anne Rice. She's gotten over Lestat in recent years, but a quick browse through any of her vampire novels will reveal a long time love affair with her own imagination.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I just got tired of hearing about Lestat.

No comments: