12.07.2006

Hybrid Happiness


Do you know what this is? It's a box of 8 and 16 bit goodness!

The FC Twin is a hybrid that plays both NES and SNES games. It goes for sixty bucks and I want to enshrine in my home next to Mother Mary (Yes. I am a Catholic geek.).

What makes this system special is that I don't have to worry about my older systems shorting out on me anymore. Though I am lucky enough that there's a student in my town who will fix old NES and NES games for a couple bucks, he hasn't quite gotten the hang of the SNES and I have games that need to be played.

When I think about it, I will save a boat load of money not having to pay $40 or more for a re-release of old NES and SNES games for the Gameboy and DS. Which means I can tell Nintendo to stick those prices in a place the sun doesn't shine.

Now there is one draw back. The patent on NES expired, but not on SNES. That makes the system illegal. If Nintendo wants to push it, this is prime lawsuit material. If you are interested, find one fast.

No comments: