5.11.2006

E3 from Puter Screen

Oh! How I lament not being at E3! Maybe one day I'll get off my sorry library drone butt and pimp myself out to a big gaming company so they'll send me as a rep. And maybe pigs will fly.

Here's what interests me at E3:

.Hack G.U.
The screenshots for this looked sweet, so I was salivating for the E3 trailers. The graphics are a step up from the original, which is no surprise. The cinema screen of Skeith fighting Tarvos is sweet. The surprise is the graphics of the of the cinema screens seemlessly resemble the original games. The lead is Haseo and he's trying to hunt down a PK (Player Killer) named Tri-Edge. The E3 trailer seems to take the game a step darker than before with Kite appearing as a freaked out virus. The game will feature 'live' chat with the secondary characters and the vast worlds of the original.

Alone in the Dark
Atari is updating Alone in the Dark with a new edition to the series for Xbox 360, PS3, and the PC. Alone in the Dark 5 looks seriously creepy. The trailer claims that all fottage is from real-time game play. If that's true, the game is going to shoot the series up to the level of Silent Hill: The Room.

Assassin's Creed
UbiSoft's new franchise from their award winning Montreal Studio. The first game is set during the Third Crusade. UbiSoft promises to push the limits of gaming with this new series. The trailer looks sweet, but is obviously a cinema screen rather than actual game play. No scheduled release yet. The platform will be PS3 and, though it hasn't been mentioned at E3, Xbox 360.

Before Crisis
It hasn't premiered yet at the expo, but it is a highly anticipated title, having already been released in Japan for mobile phones. Here's crossing our fingers!

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Ah, yeah, baby! The Castlevania whore in me is happy! I've already posted on the game. It's part of the line-up, but hasn't premiered yet, so no news.

Children of Mana
Proving, like Castlevania, that fans don't always want pretty graphics, but solid game play, Children of Mana is 32bit and proud. A new title for the DS, E3 has a trailer depicting gameplay, but not much else. Children of Mana is Square's attempt to resurrect the World of Mana franchise that started with the much loved Secret of Mana.

Crisis Core
Final Fantasy VII's fourth entry, this time for the PSP. It appears the Zax Donovan will be the lead.

Dawn of Mana
Again with the World of Mana resurrection. This one is for the PSP.

Dead Rising
Capcom's arcade style zombie shooting gallery with a healthy dose of graphic, and I do mean graphic, violence. This one is for XBox and looks very cathartic for the overly stressed. No other information on this title.

Dirge of Cerberus
Set after Advent Children, Vincent finds himself with a new mess to clean up. Check out the link for more information than my sorry list can give you.

Enchanted Arms
All hail UbiSoft! I saw a preview for this game when I went to pick up Dawn of Sorrow. Me, the castlevania whore, nearly forgot why I was at EB games. I stood, slack jawed, watching the trailer. *sigh* I'm going to have to buy an Xbox.

Final Fantasy XIII

This game alone has convinced me that I the PS3 will be in my hands on release day. It's times like this when I'm glad that all Christmas presents are made months before the shopping season that companies see fit to release these games and new consoles in. FF13 will have a whole lot less button pushing. Instead, battle action is preprogrammed, allowing game flow to be seamless with random encounters.

Harvest Moon
No word on this yet, but I'm hoping it will be worth it since it's a DS title and the DS needs more good games.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess & Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Two Zeldas in one year? My heart! It grows weak! Well, with the release of the backward compactible Wii and the DS lite, you want to have some show stoppers to launch them with and Zelda is answering the call.

Wii (the jokes are writing themselves!)
I'm still not sold on the Wii. (Hell, I'm still not sold on the DS and I bought one.) But backward compatability and the ability to play any previous Nintendo title (not to mention the super cheap price) will put one in my house. My husband's worried because I've been in a daze chanting 'Life Force... Life Force...' for days.

This is all I've got for now. Maybe I'll rant on the PS3 having two 'price levels' tomorrow.

No comments: